I received this email today….
“Aug 31 XXX is having a 2 man challenge race. I am going to get someone from the team to ride with me. So be prepared, I will be throwing down the gauntlet to you. The time has come for me to start crushing you with your own wheels.
BBVP-Bob rides again!!!!”
*standing up to go sniff some tubular glue*
Seems like every year I get to around time for superweek and I start dreaming of cross. Maybe it’s because superweek reminds me that I suck on a bike. Maybe it’s because, as I have finally conciously stated – I have a real problem racing in heat.
Either way I was cruising through bikerumor and found this video from our own cross series last year. I am sure i am in it – although I didn’t watch too closely, but the sounds struck me and brought me back.
Chicago Cross Cup 2009
I’ve got some things cooking – like always. Much to Mrs. PSIMET’s displeasure I always have about 20-30 different ideas grinding along. some highlights:
- PSIMET Custom Wheels will be a sponsor of the Chicago Cyclocross Cup series this year
- PSIMET Racing will be helping the boys from Beverly as well as the good doctor Kearns put on both the Dan Ryan Woods and the Woodstock Cyclocross races this year
- New Cross specific PSIMET logo is in top secret development in the mountains of Colorado
- A shopping cart is coming to the website to help facilitate easy sale of some specific key products and accessories – Chamois Cream, PSIMET Hats, T-Shirts, even waterbottles
- Looks like I might be going to Vegas in September
- AeroCat isn’t going to support cyclocross this season so we’ve taken to looking into Giant and Specialized rigs. Good local people
Other big ideas are in development. stay tuned.