Frequently Asked Questions
- Why should I buy custom bicycle wheels from PSIMET.com?
- How do I buy a custom wheelset from PSIMET.com?
- How do I pay for my custom wheels from PSIMET.com?
- How long is it going to take to get my wheels?
- How do I know what to order on my custom wheels?
- Do my custom wheels from PSIMET come with a warranty?
Why should I buy PSIMET wheels? The PSIMET Advantage
- Each wheelset I build is fully custom to fullfil what you need and what you want
- Many of the larger internet based wheel builders out there have some great catalog product using decent components at a great price. In many instances we use a lot of the same components such as rims and hubs. The PSIMET advantage comes from being able to, in many cases, fully customize each and every build.
- In most cases we can customize the spoke count, lacing, spoke and hub and rim options. I can provide accessories and even assemble or attach them to the wheel before shipment.
- My pricing is intended to be competitive. I always try to provide a better value for the price. When values are even I try to provide a better price. I dont usually have set pricing so contact me regarding your needs and feel free to let me know about other offerings you might feel are more competitive. I will do my best to compete.
How do I buy PSIMET wheels?
- Contacting PSIMET
- The first step is to send me an email. Include whatever information you would like to. The most useful information would be to know what use the wheels will see, what the riders weight is, where you rate aerodynamics, weight, strength and durability with respect to each other, approximate budget, etc.
- Be patient kind of... As a small business owner, Engineer/manufacturer, cyclist/racer, father/husband, team manager, etc. there are obviously many demands on my time. I make it a point to reply to every email inquiry I receive. Sometimes it may take a couple of days to do that. If it seems to be taking too long by all means I welcome subsequent inquiries.
- I have no issues with discussing wheel builds on the phone. My only obstacle to that is coordinating the time when both parties would be available to talk; thats why I prefer email. If you prefer to hear a voice on the other end of the line before making a transaction I can both understand and appreciate that. Contact me via email and we can make arrangements to set up a telephone call.
- I will email you a quote for your specific build. Since each build is custom and unique, each quote is custom and unique.
- Once you decide you want to purchase a wheelset let me know the email address you want to receive the Paypal invoice at and confirm the final build specifications.
Paying for your custom wheels from PSIMET.com
- Upon confirmation of intent, I will send a Paypal invoice. Payments can be made through Paypal without having to have a Paypal account.
- Why Paypal? Because they are easy to use, have an established reputation, their fees allow me to keep costs down, and they offer buyer and seller protection.
- Check or Money Order
- You will always have the option of paying with check, money order, etc. Simply print out the invoice and mail it with the check. Your build will commence once the check clears.
How long will it take to get my wheels?
- Due to the current size of PSIMET, LLC I try not to carry much, if any, inventory. Exceptions are made of course for items I import. As a result many of the components for your build are purchased from suppliers after your payment. Standard lead-time is 2-3 weeks. A lot of this time is dependent upon suppliers on-hand stock as well as their turnaround time on orders. On builds made from on hand materials the lead-time can be greatly reduced.
How do I know what to order?
- Spokes, lacing patterns, nipple material hubs, rims.and bears oh, my. There are a lot of differences that have taken up a lot of internet space being discussed. I cant do the discussions justice by putting them into a quick FAQ page, so ask me and I will answer with your specific needs in mind
Do my custom wheels from PSIMET come with a warranty?
- Some wheel builders give a lifetime warranty for their wheels. While I think we can all agree with the intent of offering that warranty it actually seems kind of silly for a couple of basic reasons:
- Economics: In order to fix a wheel with a warranty issue you have to pay to ship it back. Then I have to pay to ship it back to you. In the end you could have gotten it serviced at a local bike shop for about the same cost of shipping or less, maybe had it quicker, and helped to support a local shop at the same time. This is why it is important to me to use commonly replaceable and serviceable components, which I do.
- Conditions: Wheels can be frequently subjected to conditions that they just simply were never intended to be used under. These conditions can be adverse enough to cause damage in unforeseeable ways.
- With that in mind I strive to achieve the best build I possibly can on every wheel set I build. It does me and my business no good if I send you a wheel that just doesnt perform as well or better than other wheels in the same conditions.
- I will honor manufacturers warranties whenever possible and I am always willing to look at repairing any wheel that may have an issue. If repairs or replacements are needed I will strive to provide those repairs and parts at the best cost possible.
- Feel free to contact me regarding any questions or issues you many have.